Subject: Mayday

Mayday

From: Kristen Kern <kernk<-at->
Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Free MayDay! Disaster Response Workshop

Sponsored by the Portland Area Disaster Response Group (DIRG)
<URL:http://sites.google.com/site/disasterresponsegroup/>

and the

Oregon Library Association Preservation Roundtable

Millar Library
Room 160
Portland State University
1875 SW Park Avenue
Downtown Portland
Friday, May 1, 2009
10am-12pm

Earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, floods, building
collapse--we are all susceptible to natural and manmade disasters.
In our post-911, post-Katrina world, we all know the importance of
being prepared. A specific plan of action that aims to reduce
immediate and continued threats and salvage already-damaged items
could make all the difference to compromised collections. But did
you know that your ability to act--and to pay for that
action--hinges on requirements set forth by your institution's
insurance policy?  Have you factored insurance into your disaster
plan?

DIRG and the OLA Preservation Roundtable invite you to MayDay! 2009,
a free workshop for all concerned about disaster planning and
response for your library, archive, historical society, or museum,
regardless of your level of preparedness. This year's workshop will
highlight important aspects of insurance, as well as a variety of
useful resources to get your own plan in tiptop shape. If you have
an updated plan, outdated plan, or no plan, we are here to help and
to provide resources and expertise. Please reserve a spot now.  And,
of course, refreshments provided.

RSVP to Kris Kern, kernk<-at->pdx<.>edu

                 Distributed: Wednesday, April 15, 2009