Subject: AIC Health and Safety Committee seeks student involvement

AIC Health and Safety Committee seeks student involvement

From: Meghan McFarlane <meghanmcfarlane<-at->
Date: Friday, April 10, 2009
The AIC Health and Safety Committee currently has two opportunities
for student involvement.

Student  Member, Health and Safety Committee:  The Health and Safety
Committee is seeking one student to join the committee for a 2-year
term.  One of the most active AIC committees, Health and Safety
members contribute articles and guides to the AIC Newsletter, host
an informational booth and workshops at the Annual Meeting, and
regularly address questions and issues related to health and safety
in our field.  The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in
these issues, and a desire to participate and learn from the more
experienced members of the committee.

Student booth volunteers at the Annual Meeting in Los Angeles:
Continuing our yearly tradition, the Health and Safety Committee is
seeking student volunteers to help staff our informational booth at
the AIC Annual Meeting in Los Angeles.

This year, we have teamed up once again with the Emergency
Preparedness, Response and Recovery Committee to cover a variety of
topics of concern to the field.  Students will sign up for 1-hour
time slots during the exhibition hall open hours of 10am-5:30pm on
Wednesday May 20 and Thursday May 21, and will work along side
members of each committee.  This is a wonderful opportunity to learn
more about health, safety, and emergency issues, and to network with
committee members and visitors to the booth.

For more information please contact:

    Meghan McFarlane
    Current Student Member, Health and Safety Committee
    Third Year Graduate Fellow, Winterthur/University of Delaware
    meghanmcfarlane<-at->yahoo<.>com

                  Distributed: Sunday, April 12, 2009