Subject: Position at Scott Polar Research Institute Museum

Position at Scott Polar Research Institute Museum

From: Robert Smith <member<-at->
Date: Friday, March 27, 2009
Conservator
Scott Polar Research Institute Museum
Cambridge

Limit of tenure applies.
The funds for this post are available for 12 months.
Salary in the range UKP23,449 - UKP26,391

The Scott Polar Research Institute in Cambridge, England seeks a
qualified and experienced Conservator for its Polar Museum. We have
recently been awarded a Heritage Lottery Fund Grant to redesign and
refurbish the museum and its stores and the Conservator will work
with a team to prepare the new displays.  Candidates must have
experience of a wide range of objects and materials to enable them
to work with this very mixed collection, which includes metals,
textiles, wood, ceramics, ivory and modern plastics. Experience in
collections care and storage, as well as monitoring the museum
environment is required.

Applicants must have a conservation qualification at tertiary level
and at least 3 years work experience.

For further particulars of the post and a PD17 application form,
please see

    <URL:http://www.spri.cam.ac.uk>

Applications, including a full CV, covering letter and PD17
application form (Parts I and III only), should be submitted to

    Ms Kate Gilbert
    Scott Polar Research Institute
    Lensfield Road
    Cambridge CB2 1ER
    kjg26<-at->cam<.>ac<.>uk.

Closing date: 24 April 2009
Interviews will be held on: 12 May 2009

Supported by the National Lottery through the Heritage Lottery Fund

                  Distributed: Friday, March 27, 2009