Subject: Position at Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew

Position at Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew

From: Lucy Harber <l.harber<-at->
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Project Conservator
One Post from UKP21,391 pa

We have an exciting opportunity to work in our newly built Art
Conservation Studio for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to
work on the conservation of the artwork from our world-renowned
Marianne North Gallery. The Gallery, situated within the gardens,
houses 830 oil paintings on paper which were painted by Marianne
North during the second half of the nineteenth century. Conservation
of the artworks is to take place whilst the gallery is restored and
is supported by a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Working with the Project Supervisor, you will be responsible for the
documentation and conservation of the oil on paper artwork from the
gallery. You will also assist in promoting the gallery and its
restoration project through demonstrations and talks to interested
parties and stakeholders.

You will have a graduate qualification, or equivalent experience, in
paper conservation, preferably with a specialty in oil on paper.

Position reports to Supervising Conservator

The post is supported by a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund and
will be for a period of 51 weeks. Salary will be commensurate with
experience and benefits include a choice of final salary or
stakeholder pension, generous annual leave and a stunning work
environment.

Application packs are available from

    <URL:http://www.kew.org>

(click on the link at the bottom of the homepage)

Alternatively, please contact the

    HR Department
    RBG Kew
    +44 20 8332 5184/5150 (24 hour answer phone)

Please quote reference: 1005.

Closing date for position: 3 April 2009
Interviews for will be held within two weeks of closing date

Committed to equality through diversity. Selection is on merit
alone.

Heritage Lottery Funded

Lucy Harber
HR Business Partner