Subject: Conservator sought for plaster casts

Conservator sought for plaster casts

From: Aella Diamantopoulos <adiamantopoulos<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2009
    author.

We have a significant historic and valuable collection of antique
plaster casts, which are used for training and drawing instruction
purposes by the students of the PA Academy of Fine Arts. They are in
need of an overall survey and condition assessment, conservation
treatment (cleaning, repair of minor and significant structural
damage, replacement of missing parts, aesthetic repair) and to
establish an ongoing maintenance plan. I am interested in finding
out from museums and other organizations who have a collection
similar to ours, the names of objects conservators specializing in
plaster, whom they have hired to do the conservation work.

Aella Diamantopoulos
Chief Conservator
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts

                 Distributed: Wednesday, March 25, 2009