Subject: ICON Ethnography Group

ICON Ethnography Group

From: Arianna Bernucci <albernucci<-at->
Date: Monday, March 23, 2009
ICON Ethnography Group - Ethno Crawl 2009
Brighton, England

It's that time of the year again!  ICON's Ethnography Group is
heading out for another extraordinary Ethno Crawl.  However, this
time we will be broadening our horizons and travelling to Brighton
on the last Saturday in May as we explore two more hidden
ethnographic gems.  The day will begin with a tour of Brighton's
Victorian Sewer System, giving us a first-hand view and opportunity
to walk through the tunnels below ground!  This will most certainly
provide a different perspective into Victorian life.  We'll then
stop for lunch at Momma Cherri's Soul Food Shack (Southern American
cuisine) before continuing our journey to The Brighton Toy and Model
Museum. Here we will see over 10,000 examples of both antique and
modern-day model trains, dolls, tin plate toys, puppets and much
more.

You do not need to be a member of ICON to join the Ethno crawl.

Logistics:

    Meet at the Sewer Tour at 10:45 am on 23 May, 2009.

    Please note that participants are responsible for providing
    their own transportation.

    Please note that there will be a lot of walking and climbing on
    the Sewer Tour, with the potential for getting slightly dirty!
    The Sewer Tour will last approximately one hour.

    Please ensure that you are dressed appropriately for the weather
    and wear walking shoes.  Walking time between the Sewer Tours,
    Momma Cherri's and the Toy and Model Museum is estimated to be
    about 10-15 minutes.

    Please note that the Sewer Tour and Toy Museum will take cash
    only.

Please contact Arianna Bernucci <albernucci<-at->gmail<.>com> with your
contact information to reserve a place on the tour.  Space is
limited to 20-25 people.

Saturday, 23 May 2009
Brighton, England - Palace Pier
10:45 am

Cost:

    Sewer Tours UKP10
    Lunch UKP10-13
    Toy and Model Museum UKP4

Directions:  Provided after registration

Websites:

    Sewer Tours

    <URL:http://www.southernwater.co.uk/
        homeAndLeisure/daysOut/brightonSewerTours/>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

    Brighton Toy and Model Museum
    <URL:http://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/>