Subject: North American Textile Conservation Conference (NATCC)

North American Textile Conservation Conference (NATCC)

From: Christine Giuntini <christine.giuntini<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Call for applicants interested in becoming a board member of the
North American Textile Conservation Conference (NATCC)

NATCC is a not-for-profit (501(c)3) organization that was formed to
improve the quality of textile conservation by sponsoring biennial
conferences and publishing the papers from those conferences. At our
sixth biennial meeting in Washington, DC, a number of attendees
expressed an interest in helping NATCC with its work. We have an
open position and are inviting applications from our North American
colleagues to join the 12-member board of NATCC.

As specified in the NATCC Bylaws, new Directors are  elected by a
majority of the Board to serve a 4-year term. Board members, who
must be practicing textile conservators, curators, or scientists,
are responsible for the organization of the biennial conferences.
The NATCC Board meets twice per year, once during the AIC Annual
Meeting and once at another time and place agreed upon by the Board.
During a biennial conference year, the second meeting generally
occurs on the day after the conference. NATCC does not reimburse
Board members for travel expenses associated with attending Board
meetings.

We are especially interested in bringing our meetings to a wider
geographic area, which requires regional board members to serve as
the nucleus for the local committee. With that in mind, we are
especially interested in hearing from our colleagues in Canada, the
southwest and west coast of the United States, and Mexico. Among the
qualifications that the NATCC Board is seeking are--fluency in
Spanish and/or French, South/Central American affiliations,
institutional support, previous Board experience, and a proven
ability to work collaboratively.

Those interested in serving on this congenial Board should write a
letter describing their experience, qualification and statement of
interest to:

    Joy Gardiner
    NATCC Secretary
    jgardiner<-at->winterthur<.>org

Letters are due by April, 15, 2009.  The Board will announce its
decision by May 1, 2009.

For more information, feel free to contact any current Board member:

    Emilia Cortes <emilia.cortes<-at->metmuseum<.>org>
    Shannon Elliott <shannon.elliott<-at->utoronto<.>ca>
    Joy Gardiner <jgardiner<-at->winterthur<.>org>
    Christine Giuntini <christine.giuntini<-at->metmuseum<.>org>
    Susan Heald <healds<-at->si<.>edu>
    Claudia Iannuccilli <cpian<-at->mfa<.>org>
    Sharon E. Little <selittle<-at->videotron<.>ca>
    Hector Manuel Meneses Lozano
    <restauracion<-at->museotextildeoaxaca<.>org<.>mx>
    Esther Methe <emethe<-at->textilemuseum<.>org>
    Lorena Roman <jbgclove<-at->prodigy<.>net<.>mx>
    Beth Szuhay <bszuhay<-at->famsf<.>org>

Please share this message with textile conservation colleagues who
may not subscribe to this list.

Christine Giuntini, Conservator
Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10028

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 17, 2009