Subject: Chemical corrosion of historic saline timber buildings

Chemical corrosion of historic saline timber buildings

From: Anna Balzer <annabalzer<-at->
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009
In my Masters-Thesis at the faculty of Preservation of Cultural
Heritage at the University of Applied Science and Art Hildesheim,
Germany, I will write about the subject of chemically corroded
timber of historic saline buildings in Lower Saxony and the problems
of its conservation. During my research I realised that there is not
much literature around regarding (1) chemical corrosion of timber,
(2) historic treatment methods of chemically corroded timber and (3)
modern treatments according to the ethics of heritage care.
Therefore it would be great if you could give hints to relevant
literature or objects I can look into for my thesis.

Contact details:

    Anna Balzer B.Sc.
    Hermannstr. 28
    31137 Hildesheim