Subject: Water stains on fabrics

Water stains on fabrics

From: Caroline Tragett <caroline.tragett<-at->
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009
We have recently removed portable humidifiers from some of our
spaces. There are white tide marks on the fabric wall coverings
behind the humidifiers from water splashes. I'm presuming this is
the salt in the fire retardant treatment, but am not sure how to get
rid of the marks. Does anyone have any ideas, or will we just have
to touch it out with pigments/paint?

Caroline Tragett
Lead Conservator (Frames)
Guildhall Art Gallery