Subject: Source for obsolete computer hardware sought

Source for obsolete computer hardware sought

From: Ralph Scott <scottr<-at->
Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Walter Henry <whenry [at] stanford__edu> writes

>I am looking for vendors of (working) obsolete computer disk and
>tape drives: e.g. drive formats such as 8 inch floppies, Bernoulli
>boxes, Syquest drives, various iterations of Iomega zip and jazz
>drives, equipment from the early personal computer era (late 1970s,
>1980s, 1990s).

Halted is a good source for obsolete computer hardware.

    <URL:http://www.halted.com>

Halted was featured recently in NY Times. Article is on Halted home
page.

NASA uses E-Bay I am told. I have had luck with some older hardware
there also.

Ralph Scott
Professor, Curator of Printed Books and Maps
Editor, North Carolina Libraries.
Special Collections
4016 Joyner Library
Mail Stop 516 Joyner