Subject: Chalk drawings

Chalk drawings

From: Robert Smith <member<-at->
Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009
Does anyone have experience of the conservation of chalk drawings on
blackboards? We have 4 large blackboards, approximately 1 metre
square, with chalk drawings of penguins, made by among others Robert
Falcon Scott and Sir Ernest Shackleton dating to the early twentieth
century. Does anyone have experience with this type of object? My
preliminary thoughts centre on mounting them in simple frames with
glass covers, like a shallow display case, but I would appreciate
any other ideas.

Robert Smith
Scott Polar Research Institute Museum, Cambridge, UK

                Distributed: Thursday, February 26, 2009