Subject: Positions at Nationalmuseum, Stockholm

Positions at Nationalmuseum, Stockholm

From: Karin Wretstrand <knwd<-at->
Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009
Paper Conservator (permanent position, full time)
Paper Conservator, temporary position, part time
Photo Conservator (temporary position, full time)
Nationalmuseum
Stockholm, Sweden

Vacancy I: Paper Conservator, permanent position, full time (Dnr
33-699-08)

Job description: We are looking for an experienced conservator for
the museums large collection of works of art on paper.
Nationalmuseum has recently received funding for a large
digitalization, conservation and cataloguing project for the
collection of European architectural and decorative drawings from
16th - 18th c. The new position will have the main responsibility
for planning and executing preventive conservation and practical
treatment during the first two years. Required
skills/qualifications: The applicant should have a recognized
qualification in paper conservation. Broad knowledge in conservation
of 16th-19th century's prints and drawings is required as well as
previous experience of the conservation aspects of exhibitions.

Vacancy II: Paper Conservator, temporary position, part time (Dnr
33-698-08) Job description: We are looking for an experienced
conservator for the museums large collection of works of art on
paper. The position includes taking part in the museums extensive
exhibition and loans program. Required skills/qualifications: The
applicant should have a recognized qualification in paper
conservation. Broad knowledge in conservation of 16th-19th century's
prints. The successful applicant has probably several years
professional experience and previous experience in the conservation
aspects of exhibition.

Vacancy III: Photo Conservator, temporary position, full time (Dnr
33-697-08) Job description: We are looking for an experience
conservator for the museums large collection of photographic
negatives dating from 1860s until now. The main task will be to
undertake a condition survey and make a proposal for care and
conservation including a new storage. Required skills/
qualifications: The applicant should have a recognized qualification
in photo and/or paper conservation. Broad knowledge in conservation
of photographs and several years professional experience are
required. Previous experience in surveying large collections is a
merit.

Application: Please send a letter including a c.v. to

    Nationalmuseum
    PO 161 76
    SE-103 24 Stockholm
    Sweden

or by email to registrator<-at->nationalmuseum<.>se.

Mark your application with corresponding no ("dnr" as  indicated
above) closing date March 27, 2009

Please see <URL:http://www.nationalmuseum.se> for more information

Karin Wretstrand
Conservator, works of art on paper
Nationalmuseum
PO Box 16176
Sodra Blasieholmshamnen
SE-103 24 Stockholm
+46 8 5195 4357
Mobile +46 733 925 739
Fax: +46 8 5195 4401

                Distributed: Saturday, February 21, 2009