Subject: Blast freezers

Blast freezers

From: Robert Ellis Wynne-Jones <recordoffice<-at->
Date: Friday, February 20, 2009
    The following is posted on behalf of Sharon Oldale ACR, Senior
    Conservator, Liverpool Record Office

   "We are currently in the process of applying for a PFI grant here
    at Liverpool Record Office. As part of our application we are
    planning in detail our new public service areas, strongrooms and
    conservation department. We propose to have a blast freezer on
    the new premises, and the PFI team have asked us to provide
    details on this item. It would be of great use to have actual
    recommendations from conservation staff. Does anyone have any
    experience of using blast freezers? Are there any particular
    models or types that we should consider purchasing or avoiding?'

Rachel Manning
Conservator
Cheshire and Chester Archives

                Distributed: Saturday, February 21, 2009