Subject: Radio telemetry systems

Radio telemetry systems

From: Kilian Anheuser <kilian.anheuser<-at->
Date: Thursday, January 22, 2009
Jill Kerr <jill.kerr [at] nmni__com> writes

>Does anyone have a recent experience of Hanwell or Eltek radio
>telemetry systems?

Over the last two years we have installed a Hanwell system on two of
our museum sites with a total of 15 T/RH radiologgers. After a few
teething problems which may have more to do with our own IT network
infrastructure than the Hanwell system I am generally happy with the
result, even though we have not yet integrated both sites in a
single network. Needless to say though that nothing is perfect and
there are a few details that could be improved.

Certainly if you are looking at a single site, Hanwell is in my eyes
a very serious contender. The Eltek system I don't know at all.

The Hanwell RH probes take quite a bit longer to equilibrate with
the environment than the excellent ELPRO Hamster standalone
dataloggers that we also use, but this becomes an issue only when
you recalibrate them, not in normal use.

If you want to know more, please give me a call.

Kilian Anheuser
Conservateur (Senior conservation scientist)
Laboratoire et conservation preventive
Musees d'art et d'histoire
Rue Charles-Galland 2
Case postale 3432