Subject: Preserving plastic

Preserving plastic

From: Danelle Orange <daorange<-at->
Date: Thursday, January 15, 2009
I have several donations of plastic signs and bags from the 1970s
that we need to keep.  All of them have prints on them, and one
states that it is recyclable, although it is unclear whether they
simply mean "reusable"  or actually recyclable.   There is very
little indication of what types of plastic and dyes were used to
create the items. What would be the best way to preserve these?

Danelle Orange
Project Archivist
McGovern Library
Dakota Wesleyan University