Subject: Position at Glasgow Museums

Position at Glasgow Museums

From: Jane Rowlands <jane.rowlands<-at->
Date: Friday, January 16, 2009
Conservator (Inventory) (Temporary for 2 years and 5 months)
Arts and Museums, Glasgow Museums, Maryhill Stores/City Wide

UKP24,301.69 - UKP28,613.60 (TS5 - GRADE 6)
Ref: 2848

Glasgow Museums manages the city's 13 museum venues on behalf of
Glagsow City Council. The encyclopeadic collections have been
described as one of the best civic collections in Europe. The
buildings we operate include the Burrell Collection and Kelvingrove
Art Gallery and Museum. For more information about the collection,
the buildings and the work we do please see

    <URL:http://www.glasgowmuseums.com>

The Inventory Project will bring together a multi-disciplinary team
dedicated to carrying out an inventory, photography, assessing and
improving the packing of the varied collections stored at Maryhill
Stores in preparation for decant to new storage facilities.

An enthusiastic, versatile and motivated conservator is sought to
join this team.  Requiring an object conservation qualification and
experience in assessing and treating a wide range of materials you
will assess, conserve, provide and implement safe storage and
transport recommendations for our history and decorative art
collections.

For additional information, including person specification and
application form, please visit

<URL:http://www.csglasgow.org/>

Closing date 12 noon Friday 30 January 2009

Culture and Sport Glasgow are committed to equal opportunities.

Jane Rowlands
Conservation Manager
Culture and Sport Glasgow
+44 141 276 9339