Subject: Publication on MCI projects

Publication on MCI projects

From: Ann N'Gadi <ngadia<-at->
Date: Friday, January 9, 2009
If you have been curious as to what the Smithsonian's Museum
Conservation Institute (formerly CAL) has been doing over the past
year you may peruse our 2008 Project Summary book.  MCI staff
collaborated with Smithsonian, and non-Smithsonian, museums and
research centers on 156 projects listed in the book.  In addition,
we continued a wide range of research programs to understand and
resolve collection care issues. Also, we were able to bring on two
new scientists, expanding our ability to analyze organic materials,
and we opened a stable isotope-mass spectrometry laboratory.  Here's
a link to the book:

  <URL:http://www.si.edu/
    mci/downloads/AnnualReports/MCI_Executive_Summaries_2008.pdf>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

We hope you enjoy reading it. With my compliments,

Dr. Robert J. Koestler
Director
Museum Conservation Institute
Smithsonian Institution