Subject: Chlorine dioxide

Chlorine dioxide

From: Scott Campbell <scott_campbell_-alt>
Date: Friday, December 14, 2007
We have 2500 books arriving from the tropics that will require some
form of treatment for mold, and would like to know other's
experience using chlorine dioxide gas. The gas is produced from a
product named Aseptrol, which typically comes in dry chemical
packets that react to moisture in the air, resulting in the
production of chlorine dioxide gas. The gas reacts to the mold on
the books (or other objects) and kills it, reportedly leaving no
chemical residue. I have read about the University of Oklahoma's use
and am looking for other's experiences with this product:
application guidelines, longterm affects, problems, precautions,
successes, whatever.

Scott Campbell
Director, Sacred Archives of Adidam
Sacred Domains of Adidam
12040 North Seigler Road
Middletown, CA, 95461

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 19, 2007