Subject: e_conservation magazine

e_conservation magazine

From: Rui Bordalo <rui.bordalo>
Date: Monday, December 17, 2007
The second number of e_conservation magazine is now online and
available for free download. To read more we invite you to visit
<URL:http://www.e-conservationline.com/> and download the file
(registration is no longer required)

Index - No. 2, December 2007

News - 2007 Worksites

    Medieval Values Discovered at the Assumption Church,
    Cepari Village, Arges, Romania (1752)

        by Mihail Gabriel Birhala

Events Review

    Lecture on Preventive Conservation of Contemporary Art
    30 November 2007, Sintra, Portugal

    Berlin Conference on Preservation of Himalayan Culture
    4-5 December 2007, Berlin, Germany

        by Andre Alexander

Upcoming Events - December 2007 to February 2008

Cultural Project

    The Sibiel Cultural Centre, Ecomuseum - Contemporary Art Gallery

        by Ovidiu Danes

Material Studies

    An Alteration Phenomenon of Cinnabar Red Pigment in the Mural
    Paintings from Sucevita

        by Ioan Istudor, Anca Dina, Geanina Rosu, Doina Seclaman and
        Gheorghe Niculescu

Conservation of Contemporary Art

    Reconstructing a 1972s Neon Light Installation at the Faculty of
    Fine Arts, University of Porto

        by Filipe Duarte

Case Study

    The Church of "The Beheading of St. John the Baptist" from
    Arbore Previous Interventions from the Perspective of
    Derestoration

        By Anca Dina and Oliviu Boldura

Organisations

    Conservation Organisations in Europe
    Chamber of Restorers in Slovakia

    by Barbara Davidson

Art History

    The Crucifixes of Marginime

        by Ovidiu Danes

Documentation

    Documentation for Architecture Conservation: La Villetta
    Cemetery in Parma, Italy (part 2)

    Formal References in Funerary Architecture

        by Maria Carmen Nuzzo

    The Urban Planning of Parma Cemeterial System

        by Silvia Ombellini

    The Master Plan for the Safeguarding and Restoration of La
    Villetta

        by Elisa Adorni

    The Virtual Museum - The Memory of the Cemetery Heritage

        by Simone Riccardi

Book Review

    Lost City, Resumed Architectures

        a book by Michela Rossi, reviewed by Federica Ottoni

    LACONA VI Proceedings (Laser in the Conservations of Artworks)

        reviewed by Rui Bordalo

We hope you will enjoy this second issue and we wish you Merry
Christmas and a successful 2008.

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 19, 2007