Subject: Storing digital images

Storing digital images

From: Nicole Gilroy <nicole.gilroy>
Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Robert Pitt <robertpitt [at] warwickshire__gov__uk> writes

>.. Having evaluated several, many of which were
>just too expensive, we went for Extensis Portfolio. This we have
>found to be excellent. ...

This is very encouraging. Extensis Portfolio has been recommended to
me by the IT development staff at the University as a package for
initial image cataloguing, and we will start using it shortly. I am
told that it allows a much more structured storage of metadata to
Dublin Core standards which home-made databases and spreadsheets may
not.

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 19, 2007