Subject: Positions at Tate

Positions at Tate

From: Janita Chooramun <janita.chooramun>
Date: Monday, December 10, 2007
Sculpture Conservator (2 positions)
1 Permanent full time position (Ref: 7133) and
1 Part time temporary Maternity cover for up to 12 months
    (Ref: 7158)
Tate

Closing date: 21 December 2007
Location:  Millbank, London

Salary: UKP24,375 per annum plus benefits (pro rata to number of
hours worked per week).

The aim of Tate is to increase public awareness, understanding and
appreciation of British art from the 16th century to the present day
and of international modern and contemporary art.

You will be based within the conservation department at Millbank,
London, but work across all five Tate sites, concentrating on
technical investigation, preservation, maintenance and restoration.
They are challenging, absorbing roles, which will see you working on
both new acquisitions and on the care, transportation and
installation of sculptures. General conservation will, of course,
form a major element of your role, and we'll also expect you to keep
up to date with the latest conservation techniques, build expertise
through research and formal training.

Professionally qualified with significant conservation skills,
you'll have proven post-training practical experience in the
conservation of modern and contemporary sculpture. You'll have
comprehensive knowledge of environmental monitoring and art
transportation. You work well independently, though you'll
demonstrate proven organisational, IT and planning skills which will
enable you to operate with efficiency in a multi-team environment.
We'll also look for an analytical and accurate deadline-focused
approach, which will ensure the timely, safe display of our
collection. Familiarity with modern art and experience in a museum
or gallery, would be an advantage.

For further information and to download an application pack, please
visit our website at <URL:http://www.tate.org.uk> If you're unable
to access our website please email jobs [at] tate__org__uk quoting ref:
7133 for the Permanent full time position and/or ref: 7158 for the
Part time temporary Maternity cover for up to 12 months.

Closing date: 21 December 2007

Janita Chooramun
HR Advisor
Tate
+44 20 7887 8096
Fax: +44 20 7887 8029

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 12, 2007