Subject: Consultant on networked environmental monitoring

Consultant on networked environmental monitoring

From: Jan Paris <jparis>
Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2007
We are looking for a consultant, preferably not affiliated with a
specific product, to help us set up a networked environmental
monitoring system. We have had some preliminary conversations with
our Systems Department and the University's Facilities Services, and
would now like to find someone with specialized knowledge of
currently available environmental monitoring devices, data formats,
software, and networked access in large and complex building
environments. We are open to a range of approaches but definitely
want a system that allows us to remotely monitor multiple locations
via the campus network. Does anyone have experience with such a
consultant? Does anyone know what "kind" of consultant might be
knowledgeable about this kind of situation? Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Jan Paris, Conservator
Special Collections Conservation Lab
Wilson Library

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 12, 2007