Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Kathleen A. Malarkeys <kmarkees>
Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2007
I was hoping for a more extensive discussion of data loggers. Does
anyone have comments on the humidity and temperature data logger
made by Extech?  The individual units are about half the price of
the HOBO data loggers (which have been recommended to me) and seem,
to my untrained eye, to do essentially the same thing.  To a small
institution, the difference between $100 per unit and $200 per unit
is huge.  I'm not looking for extraordinary accuracy in the data,
just something that will prove to the administration that daily
fluctuations we have are indeed extreme.  Also, any advice/tactics
for convincing higher-ups of the importance of controlling
temperature and humidity for the sake of the collections, and not
the comfort of the "customers", is gratefully accepted.

Kathleen A. Markees
Conservation Librarian
George C. Gordon Library
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA  01609

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 12, 2007