Subject: Call for applications--NATCC board members

Call for applications--NATCC board members

From: Christine Giuntini <christine.giuntini>
Date: Friday, December 7, 2007
Call for applicants to become North American Textile Conservation
Conference (NATCC) Board Members

NATCC is a not-for-profit (501(c)3) organization that was formed to
improve the quality of textile conservation by sponsoring biennial
conferences and publishing the papers from those conferences. At our
recent biennial meeting in Washington, DC, many attendees expressed
interest in helping NATTC with its work. We have two board positions
open and are inviting applications for new members to join the
12-member board of NATCC.

As specified in the NATCC Bylaws, new Directors are elected by a
majority of the Board to serve a 4-year term. Board members, who
must be practicing textile conservators, curators, or scientists,
are responsible for the organization of the biennial conferences.
The NATCC Board meets twice per year, once during the AIC Annual
Meeting and once at another time and place selected by the Board. In
the years when a conference is held, the second meeting generally
occurs on the day after the conference. NATCC does not reimburse
Board members for travel expenses associated with attending Board
meetings.

We are especially interested in bringing our meetings to a wider
geographic area which requires local board members to serve as the
nucleus for the local committee. With that in mind, we are
especially interested in hearing from our colleagues in Canada, the
southwest and west coast of the United States, and Mexico. Among the
qualifications that the NATCC Board is seeking in its additional
members are - fluency in Spanish and/or French, South/Central
American affiliations, institutional support, previous Board
experience, and a proven ability to work collaboratively.

Those interested in serving on this congenial Board should write a
letter describing their experience, qualification and statement of
interest to:

    Joy Gardiner
    NATCC Secretary,
    jgardiner [at] winterthur__org

Letters are due by Dec. 28, 2007.  The Board will announce its
decision by February 29, 2008.

For more information, feel free to contact any current Board member:

    Emilia Cortes <emilia.cortes [at] metmuseum__org>
    Shannon Elliott <shannon.elliott [at] utoronto__ca>
    Joy Gardiner <jgardiner [at] winterthur__org>
    Judith Gomez Gonzalez <judy_gomez [at] hotmail__com>
    Christine Giuntini <christine.giuntini [at] metmuseum__org>
    Susan Heald <healds [at] si__edu>
    Claudia Iannuccilli <cpian [at] mfa__org>
    Esther Methe <emethe [at] textilemusuem__org>
    Lorena Roman <jbgclove [at] prodigy__net__mx>
    Beth Szuhay <bszuhay [at] famsf__org>

Christine Giuntini, Conservator
Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10028

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 12, 2007