Subject: New Deal art

New Deal art

From: Ronald Marvin <ronaldmarvin>
Date: Thursday, November 29, 2007
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender: ronaldmarvin [at] sbcglobal__net

My name is Ronald Marvin and I am a retired teacher photo
documenting the New Deal Art of East Bakersfield High School for the
Kern High School District.  I am attempting to find information
regarding this project and the artists who were involved.  There is
a large marquetry and bas relief mural in the auditorium lobby and a
number of bas reliefs inside the auditorium as well as a large fire
curtain mural depicting the mouth of the Kern River Canyon.  There
are also 3 large bas reliefs on the exterior of the building.
Attached you will find several example photos.  Any information you
may be able to provide regarding this work or other possible sources
would be greatly appreciated.

Ronald Marvin

                Distributed: Wednesday, December 5, 2007