Subject: Transporting and storing manuscripts

Transporting and storing manuscripts

From: Gianlorenzo Pignatti <gianlorenzop>
Date: Saturday, November 10, 2007
The Italian company Stein is actually working on the transport and
storage of the manuscript heritage owned by an important Italian
conservation institute. For the package of the parchment scrolls and
the manuscripts on vegetable fibers  (all with different and several
shape) we are looking for an inert and durable material. We know the
good properties of ethafoam (Plastazote) but any information is
welcome.

Gianlorenzo Pignatti

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 21, 2007