Subject: Microfilm containers

Microfilm containers

From: Paolo Valeri <vault>
Date: Monday, November 5, 2007
I am in charge of a project for preservation of microfilms. We are
building an air-conditioned storage.

The 20 cabinets for microfilm used so far are very heavy. The floor
of the building that must contain them can not bear the weight. The
microfilm must be taken out every day, and I find the drawers
comfortable. What can I use that it is at the same time not heavy
and comfortable in frequent use?

Closet drawers are comfortable and the closets are solid (they will
be used frequently and must last years), but they are too much
heavy.  The boxes are too delicate and I fear would be damaged by
frequent use. Also, the boxes are not comfortable as the drawers.

Maybe someone has some other idea?  Drawers made of light-metal?
Cardboard chest of drawers? Aluminum Boxes?

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 21, 2007