Subject: Paste cooker

Paste cooker

From: Corinna Herrmann <corinna.herrmann>
Date: Monday, November 5, 2007
Mary Baughman <m.c.boffman [at] mail__utexas__edu> writes

>The sauce making stirring machine that we use for making wheat
>starch paste is no longer manufactured. We are preparing to replace
>it. On-line research has revealed some products.
>I found "SEB Le Saucier" (apparently made by Tefal, also known as
>T-fal) on-line. This looks very much like our old machine.
><URL:http://www.tefal.com/All+Products/All+Products.htm> I can't
>find a current US source for the sauce stirrer at that site.

We are currently working with "SEB Le Saucier". It is a reliable
machine. You have to get used to adding more water for cooking than
usual, as it does not come with a lid, so more water evaporates.
Also the non-stick-surface requires gentle treatment. But then your
paste will be close to 'self-stirred';-)

We ordered from BELO and it sounds like they send to the States as
well. You will find the saucier under

    <URL:http://www.belo-restauro.de/
        English/Company/Catalogue/Paper/Paste-Stir/paste-stir.html>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Corinna Herrmann
Herzogin Anna Amalia Bibliothek
Werkstatt fur Buchrestaurierung und -konservierung
Postfach 2012, 99401 Weimar
Platz der Demokratie 1, 99423 Weimar
+49 3643 545 531

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 21, 2007