Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Tom Riddolls <tomriddolls>
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2007
I have been asked by a historic house museum to equip them with
digital dataloggers.  The building has a number of analog
hygrometers; however, several are not working and need to be
repaired, we think this may be a good time to go digital.  My
experience with dataloggers is solely in a more regulated museum
environment and looking over the multitude of makes and options out
there I feel I ought to ask experienced users.  Does anyone have
experience with a product that is simple to use, inexpensive, and
reliable in the climate extremes of historic buildings?  The data
will be uploaded and managed by volunteers (not trained
individuals).

Tom Riddolls
Private Conservator
Ontario, Canada