Subject: Lining paper

Lining paper

From: Heather Hamilton <hhamilton>
Date: Monday, October 22, 2007
My colleague and I are looking into the fabric used in the Dacron
technique for lining paper objects under tension. We are interested
in finding out if conservators who use this lining method are happy
with the fabric they are currently using. We would appreciate
hearing from you regarding the following questions:

    Are you using a Dacron you have had in your lab for many years
    or did you order it in the past few years?

    Where do you order your Dacron?

    Is the newer Dacron working to your satisfaction? If not, what
    are the issues?

    What other fabrics have you tried to do this type of lining?
    Have you found them successful/unsuccessful?

Heather Hamilton <heather_hamilton [at] harvard__edu> and
Debra Cuoco <debra_cuoco [at] harvard__edu>

Weissman Preservation Center
Harvard University
90 Mount Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138