Subject: IMLS Museums for America grants

IMLS Museums for America grants

From: Jeannine Mjoseth <jmjoseth>
Date: Friday, October 26, 2007
The deadline for applications to the Museums for America program has
been extended from November 1, 2007 to December 1, 2007 for museums
in California counties that have been declared disaster areas by the
Federal Emergency Management Agency, announced Anne-Imelda Radice,
PhD, Director of the Institute of Museum and Library Services
(IMLS). The counties include Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San
Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Ventura. Museums for
America, the nation's largest federal grant program for museums,
help these institutions engage their communities, build
institutional capacity, and care for their collections.

Applicants in the affected areas may submit their applications via
grants.gov through 11:59 pm on Saturday, December 1, 2007, following
the application procedures outlined in the Museums for America grant
guidelines. Applicants should contact IMLS at 202-653-4789 for
assistance in submitting applications through grants.gov after the
November 1, 2007 deadline.

"Our hearts and prayers go out to our friends in southern
California. While we assess how IMLS can best help their cultural
institutions, we have initiated for the affected region a one month
extension for filing applications. We look forward to working
together with our colleagues," Radice said.

                 Distributed: Friday, October 26, 2007