Subject: Mold

Mold

From: Leonora Weaver <brobury>
Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2007
I am currently assisting a retail Art Gallery that had a burst pipe
problem this week. Thanks to prompt action there is little water
damage to the modern oils and acrylics hanging on her walls but they
have been exposed to high water vapour in the air.  Dehumidification
has lowered the humidity really well for several days and everything
is drying out remarkably well but tomorrow the paintings go into an
climate controlled storage unit while the gallery gets gutted over
the next 3 months. I shall be checking the paintings every week
while in storage but does anyone have any suggestions about what I
can do while the items are in storage to stop any mold from
occurring?

                Distributed: Saturday, October 20, 2007