Subject: Call for papers--American Glass Guild

Call for papers--American Glass Guild

From: Victor Rothman <vrothman>
Date: Monday, October 8, 2007
Call for Papers
The American Glass Guild (AGG) Annual Meeting
Aug 1-4, 2008

The AGG's Board of Directors is seeking proposals for lectures and
panels from artists, craftspeople, studios, conservators and
historians for the group's third annual meeting, to be held in the
Philadelphia area from August 1-4, 2008.

The deadline for submissions is November 1, 2007.

This conference will present papers on various aspects relating to
stained glass, including new design, technique, conservation,
history of the medium and its practitioners, related materials, and
business practices. Presentations should be 20 minutes in length
with additional time for questions. We are also interested in
workshops that will run before or after the meeting. We hope that
those of you working on interesting projects will consider
submitting proposals.

Abstracts should be submitted by email to the 2008 AGG Program
Chair, Mary Clerkin Higgins <mc.higgins [at] rcn__com> by November 1,
2007. They should include a title and be no longer than 300 words.
Authors should include a bio and full contact information
(name/company, mailing address, phone, fax, website, and email
address) for themselves and if a panel is proposed, for the other
panel members. The program committee will send notification of
acceptance by December 15, 2007.

The mission of the AGG is to provide an open forum for the exchange
of information on stained, leaded and decorative glass and its
creation, preservation, restoration, and history. Our intention is
to work toward building an environment within the field that both
cultivates novices and facilitates experienced artists and
craftspeople to attain a higher level of expertise. Our conferences
include presentations, round-table discussions, and demonstrations
by notable national and international experts. Information on past
conferences is available at <URL:http://www.americanglassguild.org>.

Questions or comments should be directed by email to
info [at] americanglassguild__org. We also welcome suggestions for topics
on which you would like to hear presentations. Please feel free to
distribute this announcement to any interested colleagues. We look
forward to seeing you at next year's meeting.

Victor Rothman
1468 Midland Ave #5
Bronxville NY 10708

                 Distributed: Sunday, October 14, 2007