Subject: Position at Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College

Position at Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College

From: Jake Kaner <jkaner01>
Date: Thursday, October 4, 2007
Research Assistant, Furniture Archive
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College

Salary: UKP25,134 per annum

Fixed Term Contract from 1 November 2007 to 27 February 2009

An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of a research team set
within our Internationally renowned Furniture Research Centre,
contributing to an AHRC funded Research Project entitled 'Creation
of High Wycombe Furniture Electronic Archive' (ID No:119158)

The Faculty of Creativity and Culture has a national and
international reputation in Art and Design education. International
partnerships and significant industry links across all fields give a
unique quality to all our activities. Our AHRC funded Furniture
Research Centre is running a major, innovative project to digitise
and disseminate the High Wycombe Furniture Archive.

As a Research Assistant you will interpret and translate the
analogue High Wycombe Furniture archival collection (images and
accompanying text) into a standardised catalogued digital format,
implementing established cataloguing standards and controlled
vocabularies. Working as part of a team you will also assist in the
production of the constructed interactive website and will also be
involved in disseminating this content rich e-archive.

For informal discussion, contact the project principal investigator

    Prof. Jake Kaner
    +44 1494 522 141
    jake.kaner [at] bcuc__ac__uk

Usual reply instructions please
Job Ref: 07/080
Closing date: 16 October 2007
Interviews are expected to be held w/c 22 October 2007

Professor Jake Kaner
Head of Furniture Research Centre
Principal Investigator
'Creation of High Wycombe Electronic Furniture Archive'
Room D1a
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College
Queen Alexandra Road,
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP11 2JZ
+44 1494 522 141 ext. 3583

                 Distributed: Saturday, October 6, 2007