Subject: Audio tape with sticky shed sought

Audio tape with sticky shed sought

From: Sarah Norris <groovin>
Date: Saturday, September 29, 2007
    **** Moderator's comments: Please respond directly to the author
    groovin [at] flash__net.

I am a student at the Kilgarlin Center at the University of Texas,
and I am designing a research project to study sticky shed syndrome
in audio tape.  I am seeking open reel tape samples that exhibit the
symptoms of sticky shed syndrome to use in my work.  The tape will
undergo destructive testing, so this must be scrap material.  I
would very much appreciate any tape you are able to donate or any
ideas you might have about finding this material.

Sarah Norris

                 Distributed: Saturday, October 6, 2007