Subject: Lab design

Lab design

From: Karen L. Dabney <kld25>
Date: Thursday, October 4, 2007
Penn State's University Libraries has been given a small space (22 x
19 feet) in an annex building in which to build a new paper
conservation lab. I'd welcome suggestions from colleagues on how to
design the lab to maximize this space, which will also include
storage for items being treated, a computer desk and file cabinet.

Areas of particular interest are recommendations about a washing
sink, water purification system, chemical fume hood, mold fume hood,
solvent storage, and manufacturers of movable work benches on
locking castors. I'd also welcome suggestions about manufacturers of
affordable, good quality map cases, shelves, chairs, etc.

Karen Dabney
The Pennsylvania State University
W402 Pattee Library
University Park, PA 16802-1805