Subject: Moths

Moths

From: Rachael Arenstein <rachaelarenstein>
Date: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Lori Arnold <woodbldg [at] aol__com> writes

>They are tiny little moths, yellowish beige in color. ...
>I know that freezing will get rid of infested pieces, but this is
>too big a problem for that at this point.

There are a number of resources at <URL:http://www.museumpests.net>
under either Resources or Museum Pests Fact Sheets that might be
helpful for you. Several people in the pest control industry are
also on the PestList e-mail list, which can be accessed using the
information from the website. They would be good resources for
specific control strategies if the issue is beyond normal solutions
like freezing.

Rachael Perkins Arenstein
Conservator in Private Practice, New York
IPM-WG Web Resources Chair

                 Distributed: Saturday, October 6, 2007