Subject: Storing CDs

Storing CDs

From: Christopher Gray <methistory>
Date: Monday, September 17, 2007
Strictly on the basis of ancient and inscrutable custom, we have
been storing our CD-roms (of architectural drawings) in the hard
plastic jewel cases they came in.  We could compress this group to a
fifth of its present size if we swapped out the jewel cases for the
familiar floppy plastic sleeves.

I am trying to think of some reasonably foreseeable necessary level
of protection that the hard plastic offers (given storage of the
entire group in a drawer) which the soft sleeves do not--but I can't
think of any. Can someone tell me why I shouldn't switch to the more
compact sleeves?

Christopher Gray
Office for Metropolitan History
246 West 80th Street, #8
New York NY 10024
212-799-0520
Fax: 212-799-0542

               Distributed: Saturday, September 29, 2007