Subject: Corroded iron coffin plate

Corroded iron coffin plate

From: Georgia Fox <gfox>
Date: Sunday, September 23, 2007
Currently, I have a very thin corroded coffin plate that was
recovered during archaeological excavations this past summer.  We
are in the middle of reassembling the pieces of the coffin
decorative element.  When this is completed, we will need to provide
a strong supportive backing to the reassembled iron plate that is
compatible with the iron.  Can anyone recommend any materials that
could be used for such a backing?

Georgia Fox
Director, Heritage Resources Conservation Laboratory
California State University, Chico
Chico, CA 95929-0400
530-898-5583
Fax: 530-898-6143

               Distributed: Saturday, September 29, 2007