Subject: Call for papers--ICOM-CC Art Technological Source Research working group

Call for papers--ICOM-CC Art Technological Source Research working group

From: Mark Clarke <mark>
Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2007
"Study and Serendipity: Testimonies on Artists' Practice"
ATSR 3rd Seminar
Glasgow University, Scotland
12-13 June 2008

First Announcement and Call for Papers

After two successful symposia in Amsterdam and Madrid, the ICOM-CC
working group Art Technological Source Research is organising its
third international symposium, which will be hosted by the History
of Art Department at Glasgow University, Scotland.

The aim of this meeting is to explore artists' practice from all
disciplines and periods as recorded in visual and written
testimonies; from treatises and manuals to correspondence, ledgers,
diaries and journals, as well as images: paintings, prints,
photographs, film etc. We invite papers discussing all subjects and
periods, but we especially welcome papers on visual sources, and on
the 18th century, a so far under-explored period.

We hope to bring together members of the ATSR working-group but
welcome and encourage all interested in art technological source
research to submit abstracts. It is intended that Archetype
Publications Ltd will publish the papers as proceedings.

We invite abstracts of 500 words in English, both for presentations
and posters. Deadline for submission is 1 December 2007. The
conference will be in English.

Please send abstracts to

    Erma Hermens
    Assistant coordinator ATSR working group
    e.hermens [at] arthist__arts__gla__ac__uk

Dr Mark Clarke
Hamilton Kerr Institute (Fitzwilliam Museum)
University of Cambridge
Whittlesford, Cambridge CB2 4NE, England
+44 1223 832040
Fax: +44 1223 837595
mobile (Belgium) +32 473 495731

               Distributed: Saturday, September 29, 2007