Subject: Freezers

Freezers

From: Vanessa Simeoni <vanessa.simeoni>
Date: Thursday, September 20, 2007
The conservators at Westminster Abbey would like to purchase a minus
30 deg. C freezer to freeze various objects mainly textiles
(cassocks and copes etc) to support the IPM programme.

We think that a chest style freezer would most suit our needs. We
obviously want one without the auto defrost option and something
small, we do not need a walk in one. Also the freezer would only be
run for short periods as we do not have a massive collection to
freeze.

The makes already recommended are Sanyo MDF series CFC-Free -40 deg.
C and an ESTA 30506 chest freezer.

Has anyone had experience with either of these freezer or can
recommend any other small minus 30 deg. C freezers.

Vanessa Simeoni
Head Conservator
Westminster Abbey
Vanessa Simeoni