Subject: Unconventional paper artworks

Unconventional paper artworks

From: Nina Quabeck <nquabeck>
Date: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
    author.

With support from the Kress Foundation, we are conducting a study
entitled "Uncovered and Unconventional" at the Fine Arts Museums of
San Francisco. The study will focus on installation, preservation,
transport and storage issues of unusual artworks (three-dimensional,
large format, contemporary installations, etc) which are made
primarily of paper-based materials, those displayed without a frame
or vitrine.

Please let us know if you have exhibitions coming up in 2007/2008,
which contain artworks of the above description. We would also be
most interested to hear from you if you have dealt with artworks of
this kind in the past.

We would be very grateful for any helpful hints, and will of course
give credit to all who contributed information to this project.

Nina Quabeck <nquabeck [at] famsf__org>
and Debra Evans <devans [at] famsf__org>
Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
415-750-7661 or
415-750-7691
Fax: 415-750-3680