Subject: Survey on easel painting conservation

Survey on easel painting conservation

From: M. Francis Anders <bronzino>
Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2007
    author.

I am a graduate student in London, England, and am finishing a
dissertation on the topic of easel painting restorations.  For this
dissertation, I would like to ask the following questions of any
painting restorers (including students or instructors of painting
restorations) in the Conservation DistList:

    What is the most important issue in the field of easel painting
    restoration today, and why?

    What do you see as factors influencing how paintings will be
    restored in the future?

In replying to these questions, please indicate:

    a. if you are a student, instructor, or practitioner
    b. what country you are in now
    c. where you got your training

Many thanks for your help and your input.

                Distributed: Monday, September 10, 2007