Subject: Conservation review policy prior to exhibition

Conservation review policy prior to exhibition

From: Kate Contakos <kate.contakos>
Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2007
I am reviewing the process of our internal exhibition procedures and
will appreciate any input. My focus is on materials being exhibited
in-house only, not loan materials. Specifically, does your
institution have a formal policy in place for reviewing materials
prior to exhibition to determine items in need of conservation
treatments? If so, who does the reviewing? How much time before the
opening of the exhibit are materials reviewed?

Please feel free to contact me off-line.

Kate Contakos
Preservation Librarian
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Yale University
121 Wall Street
New Haven CT 06520-8240
203-436-2554