Subject: Moisture meters

Moisture meters

From: Michael Hall <michael>
Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Christine Schaette <christine.schaette [at] csglasgow__org> writes

>I have to monitor the drying process of a wooden object and measure
>its moisture content. Does anyone have experience with
>non-destructive moisture meters for wood and timber? The ones I
>found so far on commercial websites do not seem to be constructed
>for museum purposes. I need an instrument which is able to measure
>the moisture at least 40mm deep into the wood, and which also
>provides a setting device for different wood species. It would be
>great if anyone can give me advice on suitable equipment and/or can
>name suppliers in the UK.

We supply a moisture meter that can be set to measure the
characteristics of beech, spruce, larch, birch, cherry, walnut, oak,
pine, maple, ash, douglas fir and meranti aswell as numerous
building materials.  However the probes are only approximately 10mm
long and not the 40mm you are after.

Michael Hall
+44 845 838 6963
+44 845 838 6965