Subject: Position at Tate

Position at Tate

From: Patricia Smithen <patricia.smithen>
Date: Friday, August 24, 2007
Paintings Conservator
Tate

Temporary for up to 12 months (maternity cover)
Part-time, 3 days per week
Salary: UKP24,375 p.a. (full time equivalent)

Our mission at Tate is to increase the public's knowledge,
understanding and appreciation of art, by displaying a collection of
some of the best modern and contemporary works of art the world has
to offer across our four galleries (Tate Britain and Tate Modern in
London, Tate Liverpool and Tate St Ives). Our Conservation
Department sits within the Collection and Programme Services
Division whose function is to make the Collection available and
accessible to the public. The Conservation Department is responsible
for the technical investigation, conservation and restoration of
works of art in the collection and in Tate's care. Reporting to our
Head of Conservation, the postholder will join our team, providing
support and expertise to our Exhibitions and Displays Team at Tate
Modern as well as undertake conservation of works of art within
Tate's collection and care.

You will need to hold a recognised qualification, or equivalent
experience, in the conservation of easel paintings.  In addition you
will be able to demonstrate practical experience of working on
exhibitions, paintings with a broad range of conditions and the
ability to carry out treatments to a high standard. You will be able
to show excellent organisational skills to be able to plan your
workload to meet deadlines.  Able to work independently as well as
part of a team, you will have excellent communication skills both
written and verbal. Basic word processing and IT skills will also be
necessary.

For further information and to download an application pack, please
visit <URL:http://www.tate.org.uk>

If you're unable to access our website please email jobs [at] tate__org__uk
quoting ref: 7101.

Closing date: 13 September 2007. Interviews will be held on the week
commencing 24 September 2007.

Tate is working towards equal opportunities

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 4, 2007