Subject: Symposium on digital preservation

Symposium on digital preservation

From: Marie-Chantale Poisson <mpoisson>
Date: Thursday, August 23, 2007
Working Digital Assets Symposium
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
Monday, September 24, 2007

This day-long symposium will explore the current state of managing,
sharing, and preserving digital assets.

Cost: No registration fee

Who should attend? Museum, library, and archive professionals;
students; anyone who produces, uses, and/or manages digital assets.

Join us in considering questions about digital assets such as:

    Can we plan for 50 years and 5 years at the same time?

    What makes a 'quality, useful, and/or trustworthy' asset?

    What are the hot-button rights issues?

    Where are the innovative, creative, and/or resourceful
    solutions?

    How can we stay ahead of the technological curve(s)?

Partial list of speakers:

    Joseph Busch, Taxonomy Strategies LLC;

    Patricia Cruse, California Digital Library; Gary Fong, Genesis
    Photo Agency; Hannah Frost, Stanford University Libraries; Sue
    Grinols, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco; Brewster Kahle,
    Internet Archive; Wendy Levy, Bay Area Video Coalition; Clifford
    Lynch, Coalition for Networked Information; Angelo Sacerdote,
    Bay Area Video Coalition.

Updated information will be distributed in early September.

For more information, contact the Collections Information and Access
Department <collections [at] sfmoma__org>.

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 4, 2007