Subject: Source of unused Roneo stencils

Source of unused Roneo stencils

From: Sandrine Decoux <sandrine.decoux>
Date: Friday, August 10, 2007
I have been asked to post this message by someone who is not on the
DistList. Please respond directly to robert.bank [at] homecall__co__uk

  From 1963 to 1967 the artist Jeff Nuttall produced "My Own Mag" on
  Roneo duplicators. I was the originator of the Nuttall website
  <URL:http://www.jeff-nuttall.co.uk> and was contacted by Jed
  Birmingham of Reality Studio because of the Nuttall/Burroughs
  connections. We jointly developed the MOM section on Reality
  Studio

    <URL:http://realitystudio.org/bibliographic-bunker/my-own-mag/>

  At Reality Studio, you'll find an absolute wealth of information
  on "My Own Mag", including the reproduction of a complete set of
  each issue, page by page.

  Jed has now been asked to enlarge his essay on the evolution of
  the cut-up technique for publication in The Journal of Artists'
  Books <URL:http://jab-online.net/blog/> and has come to me for
  details of Roneo duplication. I consider the easiest way to
  understand some of Nuttall's achievements would be to send Jed
  half-a-dozen unused foolscap Roneo stencils to play about with.

  I've been trying to source such an item--I know there will be
  hundreds stored in cupboards and in storerooms in church halls &c.
  up and down the country, but I cannot find one. Can you help?

  Robert Bank

Sandrine Decoux
Conservation and Collection Care Service
Oxford University Library Services
Room 303
New Bodleian Library
Broad Street