Subject: Ink decoration on steel drum

Ink decoration on steel drum

From: Flick Christian <flick>
Date: Monday, August 6, 2007
I have been asked to advise on the best way of protecting a steel
drum (the musical instrument variety) that has been decorated and
signed by the artist on the outside. As far as we know, the
decoration has been done with marker / sharpie pen, but nothing has
been done to seal the ink.

Ideally, the drum would remain playable afterwards, so leaving it as
it is is not an option.

I suspect that the solution would be to coat the outside with
spray-on clear varnish, but I'd appreciate any other options.

Flick

                 Distributed: Wednesday, August 8, 2007