Subject: Animatronics model

Animatronics model

From: William L. Hopkins <whopkins>
Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2007
We have in our collections an "animatronics" filming model from the
original 1933 motion picture "King Kong".  The artificial skin of
the artifact is crumbling away from the animatronics skeleton, and
we would like to have the piece stabilized and restored to be put on
display at our institution.  Therefore, I would like to inquire of
the list if (1) there is a conservation lab or independent
conservator who specializes in this type of restoration and (2) if
anyone knows of any granting agencies who might be contacted to
apply for a grant to restore this artifact.  Thank you all for your
time and we appreciate any assistance or advice you might provide.

William L. Hopkins
Manager of Collections
American Heritage Center
Dept. 3924